• Adamis AP, Altaweel M, Bresler NM, et al. Changes in retinal neovascularization after pegaptanib (macugen) therapy in diabetic individuals. Ophthalmology. 2006;113(1):23-28.
• Al-Latayfeh M, Silva PS, Sun JK, Aiello LP. Antiangiogenic therapy for ischemic retinopathies. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2012;2(6):a006411.
• American Society of Retina Specialists. What is a retina specialist?
http://www.asrs.org/patients/what-is-a-retina-specialist. Accessed March 12, 2014.
•The Angiogenesis Foundation. Advocating for improved treatment and outcomes for wet age-related macular degeneration. The Angiogenesis Foundation Web site.
http://www.scienceofamd.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AMD_Final_Report_2012.pdf. Accessed April 2, 2012.
• The Angiogenesis Foundation. Science of DME Web site.
http://www.scienceofdme.org/en. Accessed March 12, 2014.
• The Angiogenesis Foundation. Science of CRVO Web site.
http://www.scienceofcrvo.org. Accessed March 12, 2014.
• Autiero M, Luttun A, Tjwa M, Carmeliet P. Placental growth factor and its receptor, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1: novel targets for stimulation of ischemic tissue revascularization and inhibition of angiogenic and inflammatory disorders. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1(7):1356-1370.
• Boyd SR, Zachary I, Chakravarthy U, et al. Correlation of increased vascular endothelial growth factor with neovascularization and permeability in ischemic central vein occlusion. Arch Ophthalmol. 2002;120(12):1644-1650.
• Boyer DS, Hopkins JJ, Sorof J, et al. Anti-vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapy for Diabetic Macular Edema. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab. 2013;4(6):151-169.
• Carmeliet P, Moons L, Luttun A, et al. Synergism between vascular endothelial growth factor and placental growth factor contributes to angiogenesis and plasma extravasation in pathological conditions. Nat Med. 2001;7(5):575-583.
• The College of Optometrists. What is an optometrist?
http://www.collegeoptometrists.org/en/college/about-optometry/What_is_an_optometrist.cfm. Accessed March 12, 2014.
• The Foundation of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. EyecareAmerica What is an ophthalmologist?
http://www.eyecareamerica.org/eyecare/tmp/what-is-an-ophthalmologist.cfm. Accessed March 12, 2014.
• Kampik A. Management of diabetic macular edema. Retina Today. July/August 2011:64-66.
http://bmctoday.net/retinatoday/pdfs/RT0811_feature_kampik.pdf. Accessed 10 April 2014.
• Yamashita H, Eguchi S, Watanabe K, Takeuchi S,Yamashita T, Miura M. Expression of placenta growth factor (PIGF) in ischaemic retinal diseases. Eye (Lond).1999;13(pt 3a):372-374.